Seventeen enthusiastic Nevil Shute followers attended our inaugural meeting at the Howe Library in Hanover NH. Please click on the page Group Contact Information under section 00-ADMINISTRATION on the list at the left or at the top of the screen.
Several administrative matters were decided:
- We will meet monthly at the Howe Library in Hanover NH from 2pm – 4pm.
- There will be no formal organization of the Chapter. Members will be invited to lead discussions at each meeting on a voluntary basis.
- Discussions will be scheduled at each session about one of Nevil Shute’s books to be chosen at the previous meeting.
- Additional topics will be addressed related to the theme of the book and meetings can include viewing of available films based on Shute’s novels.
- There will be no dues required to become a member of the Chapter. Individuals may attend one or more meetings at any time as their schedules permit, and they can request to be deleted from the membership at any time.
- There will be no fees related to the Chapter, unless previously decided by the group for specific purposes.
- Chapter members may volunteer to provide refreshments for the group, but there will be no formal requirement to do so.
- There is no need to purchase books to be read. Chapter members may borrow copies of books from the U.S. Library of the Nevil Shute Norway Foundation. Contact Laura Schneider, the librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Some titles are also available in local public libraries.
Laura Schneider led the discussion of Trustee from the Toolroom.
There are two large collections of Nevil Shute papers. The best is located at the National Library of Australia in Canberra. There is also a good collection in the U.S. at the Syracuse University Library in New York.
Books to be discussed:
- May – Ruined City
- June – Slide Rule
The next meeting will be held on Saturday 04 May 2013 from 2pm to 4pm in the Murray Room at the Howe Library in Hanover NH.
Please click on the links below for more information about the 06 April meeting: